BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 15, 2006

Mother's Day


I thought I would take this time to think about Mother's Day. It is my favorite Hallmark holiday. As much as I love the mothers and grandmothers in my life, the best part is the Brunch. Every year now we go to the Watermark County Club Mother's Day Brunch and it is really, really good. They have a whole table set up just for desserts. This year they had a chocolate fountain along with the trays and trays of different desserts like cheesecakes, cakes, cookies, so on and so forth. There also was the breakfast food table with the omlete station where a cook will make an omlete made to order for you. Then there was the salad tables with pasta salads, shrimp cocktail, stawberry soup, cheese tray, and mixed greens salad. Other than the desserts the main entree tables were the best. There was wood fired pizza, sushi, a carving station, great mango chutney pork, spinich artichoke chicken, tuna, salmon and sides. I think there were more meats too. My nephew really enjoyed the kids table too with corn dogs and mac and cheese and other kids stuff.

Everybody always eats way to much, but that is half the fun.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds sooooo good!

Anonymous said...

Oooohhhh, yeah.. That pizza was awesome and those deserts, mmm. *drool* Great. I am never gonna get back on my diet.

Jaime said...

I know! All day at work I heard about how everyone was going to brunch...everyone's at brunch...I just got back from brunch...

Next year, I'm going to brunch...my mom can come with me.

Ted Torreson said...

All it takes is mention of a chocolate fountain and all the girls comment on how hungry they all are!

crazy cat lady said...

I think that shows that we all love food. Would you rather we complain that sweets aren't good for you and not stock any in our houses? Because I can do that if you would like.

Ted Torreson said...

I wasn't saying that! If you would have mentioned a lemon head fountain all the guys would have commented on it. It is just the way the world works. Girl's like Chocolate. Guys like Lemon Heads. Nobody Likes Judy Fruits, but for some reason she still thinks there's nothing better.

Ted Torreson said...

Girl's
LIKE CHOCOLATE
it's not quite, but it's good