BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Wheels of Time Turn


I had very much hoped the my parents were wrong this morning when I was told that Robert Jordan had died. The Wheel of Time series has very much so been my favorite series of all time. So when I got home I checked his blog. There is was. Robert Jordan died Sept. 16. I may sound bad but I had really hoped he would have finished the last book for the Wheel of Time. He knew he was dying but was very tired from his illness and the treatments that he had pushed it back and could only write on certain days when he felt good. One of his blogs says he intended on staying alive until all his book idea's were written and he had 20 years worth of writing to do so he wasn't planning on dying until that was done. But is wasn't to be. They say he had enough written notes and audio notes on what was to happen in the final book and his wife/editior and publisher will finish the book, but it won't be the same.

“He came like the wind, like the wind touched everything, and like the wind was gone.”

"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose.... The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of time.
But it was a beginning"

0 comments: