Blah. Most of this month has just been quite blah. I am ready for spring too, so this cloudy, rainy, and cold weather has not helped my soul perk up.
The rest of March was quite uneventful. I made some super cute owl cupcakes for one of my many cousin's baby shower. And Matt and I sold a bunch of toys at the local toy show. We seem to do quite well and we feel like we made more money than alot of the other sellers there. Probably because we sell 'modern' toys. Alot of the sellers there have vintage/antique toys or a bunch of Hot Wheels. There is another big show coming up in May, down in Kalamazoo, but we will just be shopping and not selling.
April has been a bit busier. I made two cakes. My niece's 2nd birthday cake, featuring Dora the Explorer, and a "commission" cake for a guy from work for his girlfriend's birthday. I finally figured out how to do good buttercream roses. Which thrills me, since I love buttercream and roses. :)
I got a Kindle, which is quite neat. It will take up alot less room than all the books I like to buy. Now I just need a cover to protect it and take it everywhere for me. Maybe I'll buy something on etsy.com.
We went to Ludington for a night in the beginning of the month and we will be going somewhere for our anniversary this upcoming weekend. We bought a beautiful print from a local photographer in Ludington of a cat in a window. The art scene in Ludington is really growing.
Class is done for the semester. Good thing next semester starts on Monday. Boo. I have my first Internet class for the summer semester, so we will see how that goes.
This and That
1 week ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment