BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

January 2010


I can't believe it's 2010. This year will be the 10 year anniversary of my graduating from high school and I am doing almost exactly the same thing I was doing when I graduated. Same house, same company, same man. :) We are thinking of making some sort of big decision this year. Not sure exactly what, but something drastic. Probably in Novemberish time frame. Planning a change for a year+ away doesn't seem very daring, but it is for us.

My resolutions from last January were a big fat failure. I didn't do anything productive in 2009, other than audition for American Idol. (Which is on TV as I type.) And I think I will audition again this year, even if Simon will no longer be there. It will be my last year I am able to try out, but I can always start trying out for X Factor. lol Recap: 1. Lose weight - Nope, fatter than ever. 2. Continue learning French - Nope, hardly touched the program all year and ever forgot some of what I had learned. 3. De-Junk House - Not really, brought a few boxes of crap to Goodwill and sold some bulky items at a garage sale, but that is all. I doubt we even got rid of as much as we brought in.

I don't have a good feeling, but I will set some resolutions again this year.
1. Lose Weight - I need too, and I will.
2. Learn French - Still always wanted to be multi-lingual. Must try harder.
3. De-Junk house - If life changing potential is to happen, we need less stuff.
4. Drink more wine - I really think this will happen.

I think this will be the year of mini-vacations. Looking ahead to the year I see a trip up North in Feb for a long weekend, a trip to PA for a long weekend in March, Ted's wedding in June for a long weekend, a potential AI audition which would be a least one long weekend, and a potential long weekend with the Markanovichs. Plus we need a wedding anniversary of some kind in May too. That's going to take most of my vacation that I have left. It really doesn't look like we are going to make it back to Maine or on a warm weather vacation that Matt promised me for 2010. Sigh, too much fun to have. I'll just have to plan better for 2011.

0 comments: