BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 28, 2010

June Wrap-up

We had a really busy June. I'll cover a few highlights.

School's done for the summer for me. Surprisingly I got an A. I really didn't think I would with all the issues the teacher was having and with the structure of the class being loose. I am considering taking two classes this fall, but I don't really want to pay for it. It's kinda expensive to go to school. If I can afford it, I probably will.

Our trip up to Traverse City was fun, C3 was about the size I thought it would be, which was small. Matt wasn't quite as prepared. Which worked well for me, since we had more time to do other things. On the way up on Friday we stopped at the Grand Traverse Distillery for a quick tasting which was a bit strong for me, but Matt enjoyed it. We picked up some Cherry Vodka and some Whiskey. Also that Friday after we left a super wonderful sushi dinner at Red Ginger and a quick drink at the Chocolate den, it started to rain as we walked back to the car. By the time we were driving back to the Casino, it was a torrential downpour with gale-force winds. Fortunately I had pick up a little umbrella a couple of weeks before and my plan was to stay slightly dry, at least my head. As we were running from the car to the lobby through the giant puddles, my umbrella blew inside out and tried to fly away. Soooo alot of good that umbrella did me. It was hilarious.
We were both completely soaked. A quick change of clothes and a quick trip to the casino and it was still storming when we got back to the room. Made me wish I hadn't pick the top floor. But that's just me being paranoid. Saturday we stopped at C3 and bought a few comics and ran into some people Matt knew. Then we hit a few wineries and I overheard some people talking about a dinner experience that the Black Star Farms offered. I grabbed a brochure and we discussed it and we called and got reservations and now had planned a dinner. It was wonderful. You get 3 small glasses of wine and a plate of meats, veggies, bread and fruit to grill with cheese that you melt and pour over the cooked food. It was so much fun. Sunday we headed back, making sure to stop for some of the best fried fish ever at Bortell's just South of Ludington.

The next weekend was Ted and Megan's Wedding! Heading down Thursday, we took our time and grabbed some lunch in South Haven at Clementine's and stopped at a couple of winery tasting rooms to pick up a few bottles of wine. We had a few issues with the GPS and Chicago highways and it took us longer than anticipated to get to Woodstock. We got there in time to go to BW3 with Ted, Travis and Neil as well as a bunch of other guys for a bachelor party or something along those lines. I grabbed a quick bite, a drink, and a laugh at Neil attempting to eat 50 Blazin Hot Wings, before heading back to the hotel and letting the boys have their time together. Friday morning was disappointing, the Super 8 breakfast sucked. I don't know why I was surprised, but I was. Matt and I headed to the next town over, Crystal Lake and got a Jamba Juice and check out the stores and bought tons of liquor at the liquor stores. Alcohol is so much cheaper when not in MI. Stupid taxes. Met people at the Tux Shop to get the tuxes and headed out for some lunch at this place we passed that looked like a castle, how could we go wrong with a place that looks like a castle? As we left the neat castle place to head back to the hotel to get ready for the rehearsal, a storm was coming in. We were behind the Torreson's van at a stop light and the wind was really gusting and the clouds open downpour upon us. As we continued through the light, a light post fell over, and missed all the cars on the other side of the road and looked like it hit the Torreson's van and continued to fall. I stopped, put on my flashers, and called 911 while Matt called Ted and let him know we would be late and continued to exit the car and run over to the Torreson's whom had pulled in to the next parking lot. I stayed where I was, blocking traffic from hitting the debris and cars driving around the pole until the firemen got there to put up barrier and then drove to the parking lot where Torreson's were parked. We gathered our nerves, moved all the tuxes and random other stuff to my trunk and piled into my car to head on to the hotel since the Torreson's van was undriveable with a flat tire and some body damage. A quick change out of our dripping wet clothes and we were off to the rehearsal. Once we get to the church, there is no power. Great. Good thing there were lots of windows and candles. It ended up working out just fine. We took Torresons to the police station to file a report on the way to help set up the gym for the reception and the cop was a bit rough at the start, but he warmed up to us after we all drove over the the accident site and he saw the light pole and damage to the van. Once we got to the school to help set up for the reception, it was amazing to see the transformation that was underway. Megan had it all planned out and did a super great job turning an ordinary gym into a beautiful reception hall. As another storm was underway, we all headed back to the hotel where drinking and D&D was done and at some point the Lemonhead song was sung; there are pictures of tibbing as well, but I was sleeping by that point. Since the Super 8 breakfast sucked, Matt ran out to a local donut shop and got some donuts for breakfast. Matt went with Ted for some wedding morning errands and when the got back it was time for the guys and flower girls to get ready and head to the church for pictures. I kinda enjoyed relaxing in the room, not getting my picture taken, but I got bored quickly as well. Luckily I had to get Taco Bell before the wedding for the guys to eat. So I headed out early for the wedding. It was a beautiful wedding (with power), short and sweet. Then more pictures. Off to the reception we went where there was tasty food, awkward moments and lots of laughter.

0 comments: