BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I'm Addicted


I stumbled across the greatest brownie recipe a few weeks back and I think I am officially addicted. They are sooooo good. I have had a number of requests to make them again, so it's not just me. :) I have been putting in chocolate chips and maraschino cherries. I'll see if I can get a good photo to post, I am having camera issues. I will be sampling the batch that just came of out the oven. :P

"Whatever Floats Your Boat" Fudge Brownies

* 1 cup butter, melted
* 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
* 2 cup sugar
* 4 eggs
* 1 tbl vanilla
* 1 cup flour
* 1/2 teaspoon salt

WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT:

* 2 (or more!) cups chocolate chips (semisweet, white, butterscotch, peanut butter, mint, etc.) and/or raisins, chopped maraschino cherries, chopped nuts, M&M's or Reese's pieces, miniature marshmallows, etc.


Preheat oven to 350°F.

Line 13 x 9 pan with Reynolds Parchment Paper: TURN pan upside down and press a sheet of parchment paper over the inverted pan. FLIP the pan over and drop molded sheet of parchment paper inside pan, pressing folds into corners to fit inside pan.

In a medium bowl combine melted butter and cocoa and stir until cocoa is dissolved.

Add sugar and mix well.

Add eggs one at a time and stir until well combined.

Stir in vanilla, flour and salt until you no longer see any flour (do not over-mix!).

Fold in "WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT"!

Spread in prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.

DO NOT OVER-BAKE - your brownies will come out dry. Adjust time/temp accordingly for your oven. If you do the knife/toothpick test, it should come out with moist crumbs, not clean.

WHEN cooled completely, lift out of pan by edges of parchment paper; place on a cutting board. Fold back edges of parchment paper; cut into squares.

You can 1/2 this recipe and make it in an 8 inch square pan - bake for about 25 minutes.

Recipe from bakespace via karen

0 comments: