BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 18, 2008

Updates?

Hmmm. I noticed I have not given any real updated since May or so. Not that I'm the only one slacking in blogger world. They cut down all our pine trees in front. A few weeks ago 4 of the 6 were gone, and when I came home today the last two were gone. It's sad really. I really loved those trees.

Matt and I did go to Wizard World in June again. It was nice to have a hotel connected to the convention center. Lots less stressful for transportation. Matt got to the finals in the Heroclix competition, but was out in the first round. So we got to wander around Chicago a little before heading back. We ate at the Cheesecake Factory twice and the Gibson's twice too. Biggest lobster tail I have ever seen at the Gibson's. We got the smaller one that was only 14oz. And the desserts! OMG!! They serve things family style there and a piece of cake is approx. a quarter of a 18" cake with 4 layers! Holy freaking cow! OH, and the martini's are great too. I think I found my new favorite restaurant.

We are leaving for Silver Lake Sunday for two nights. Which will be nice. Matt's dad rents a cottage up there and we all pop up for visits. It's nice and laid back. Very relaxing. Should be fun. And we have small wine opener in our car now, so hopefully this won't happen this year. (Opening wine bottle with screw and pliers)


Also Matt made the GenCon finals for HeroClix too and we will be heading to GenCon in Indianapolis this August. Just the weekend for me though. I can't take any vacation days at that point because other people in my department at work already have time off and two people aren't suppose to be gone at the same time. The cool thing about GenCon as compared to Wizard World is that there are events for the "gamer widows". Some pretty cool classes are being offered, though it looks like the pole dancing classes are full already. I'm thinking I'll just see what is still open when I get there and then plan better if we go next year.

Oh, and our yearly summer party is coming up August 2nd.

2 comments:

Ted Torreson said...

WHo's on the floor?

crazy cat lady said...

Matt's dad.