
I have succeeded in getting Neil to join my band. How sweet is that!
Now all we need is a catchy name. One that I can tell family members about and not get more prayers for my soul to not go to hell.
I like The Secret of 64. But I don't think the others will.
On another note for Las Vegas in May, we might stay at the MGM Grand instead of the Luxor. I found a really great room for a really good rate. I will have to buy it soon though if I really want it.
This and That
1 week ago
9 comments:
now, that is by far the strangest turn of events i have ever witnessed.
your band must be called "douche chill."
The band didn't like their name? I think their name is super cool and who cares what your parents think, it's your life, not theirs.
Their going to pray for you anyway for being in a heavy metal band, you know that. If it isn't a Christian rock band, you're so going to hell!
Well, I care. And I don't care for the name and neither does the lead guitarist. I would like to be able to tell my grandparents, who are super cool, what my band is called with them able to tell all their friends and still be good with the fact that they don't own a computer and will never hear it.
I did a test run with the name with Matt's family and family friends who are much more relaxed and easygoing and it still raised some eyebrows.
yes, so really you just need the band to be named "cotton candy-flavored clouds." and only when the grandparents are around.
first of all, make the band name what you (the band) want it to be, not what you think other people will find less offensive. "dirty sins" is fairly retarded no matter what kind of music tickles your fancy.
secondly, are your grandparents going to go to a show and rock out old school style? probably not, so tell them whatever you think they might want to hear and then you can come back to reality with an uber-cool band name. it's not lying, because they are old.
I do agree that "dirty sins" is a horrible band name. I really don't like it. And that it can be anything that I and the fellow bandmates agree upon. I just don't think that a band name for a rock band needs to be "hardcore". I want something catchy and that sounds cool to me. 2nd meanings are cool but blatent vulgarity just to be vulger isn't my style.
I kinda like Stemshul's "The Elephants Above". It's unexpected. Yet another good trait of a good band name.
You can have it. Ive got a million of um. Just send me a special thanks in your first liner notes.
i don't know. is "dirty sins" really all that vulgar? it's pretty tame in comparison to, say, "nashville pussy."
maybe with the addition of neil everything will change, but from that myspace page, it seems like the theme is "hardcore," no?
--> Sounds Like Shit your gonna Bang your Fuckin Heads to!!!
"oh, that sounds nice, deary." (grandma voice)
Dirty Sins is not as offensive as most of (those types of bands) names are and if you thought it was so vulgar, why would you audition for a band named that in the first place? Lets just hope your mom doesn't want to go watch you sing one night, because that one guy in the band, yeah he looks so not evil at all. Unless you request he changes his image also. =)
There will be changes. They want radio songs. The myspace will be changing, once we have a new name and all the members. Rick, the drummer, set up the page and that responsibility may be taken away from him, since he doesn't follow directions well for the wishes of the other members of the band. I don't think Dirty Sins is vulgar, I just don't want to give that type of first impression. The add that was posted for a singer was for a new direction, and we would not like to be stuck in one style of music.
Post a Comment